Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Wide Receiver Crapshoot

The upcoming draft is allegedly deep at the wide-receiver position. But has that meant in previous years? 

According to research from ESPN Florida's Charlie Bernstein, only 40 percent (18 of 45) wide receivers drafted in the first round from 2000-2010 have panned out.

One ray of light is that seven of the past eight first-round receivers have been solid. Bernstein finds that second-round receivers have a 22.4 percent (11 of 49) hit rate while those drafted in the third round succeed at just 15 percent (8 of 55). Of the 215 receivers drafted from Rounds 4-7, only 14 (6.5 percent) have emerged as solid contributors.

1 comment:

  1. I will immediately seize your rss feed as I can't find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me understand in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

    Feel free to surf to my web site how to install cccam 2.2.1 on gemini

    ReplyDelete